The DualTemp Companies is a single-source solution for the finest in Industrial Refrigeration design, installation, service, and supplies. The Service Technician is responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in the food, beverage, cold storage, pharmaceutical, and gas processing industries.
- Perform routine and emergency service on equipment commonly found in industrial applications. This includes a working knowledge of screw and reciprocating compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems and control systems.
- Demonstrates an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with limited instruction.
- Maintains and manages truck inventory and/or job toolboxes in an accurate, neat, and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines.
- RETA 1&2 certifications a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Highschool diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in ammonia refrigeration service.
- Experience working with Freon/Halocarbon refrigeration systems is preferred.
Knowledge (e.g. skills; abilities; familiarity w/ tools, languages, software programs):
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Must be able to pass physical examination and respirator fit testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Available to travel 25%.
- Availability to be on call nights and/or weekends as required.
- Basic computer skills (electronic documentation).