Clauger USA is a family-owned, newly funded, company which excels in providing industrial refrigeration and air treatment solutions that are customized to fit your needs. The Payroll Specialist will prepare month end closings independently and prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. The Payroll Specialist must have an entrepreneurial spirit that can organize the finances and take back tasks that had been outsourced (payroll postings, bank/credit card reconciliation) and can also be the backup for the office manager.
The DualTemp Companies is a single source solution for the finest in Industrial Refrigeration design, installation, service, and supplies. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing weekly union and non-union payroll and maintaining employee time records.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses, or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, union tables and rates, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, and other deductions.
- Issues or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge/lay-offs.
- Ensures payroll company has all documents needed to record and process federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Processes monthly union remittances to various local and state unions.
- Verifies accuracy of union rates, benefits, and other information when needed.
- Provides various departments with payroll and employee reports as well as reports headcount to the Department of Labor.
- Completes annual audits with various unions.
- Creates employee logins for eaccess system, as needed.
- Updates all employee pay increases and union tables.
- Maintains 401(k) deductions and completes weekly remittance to 401(k) vendor site.
- Completes all verifications of employees, as needed.
- Assists all employees with questions, as needed.
- Creates payroll procedures that improve current payroll practices.
- Maintains all paid time off balances within the payroll system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5-7 years of payroll experience required.
- 3-5 years of Union payroll experience.
- Experience with union payroll processing required.
Knowledge (e.g. skills; abilities; familiarity w/ tools, languages, software programs):
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.